“No man is an island…”
Whoever said that must be a brilliant person who knows himself inside and out.
Some people consider accepting faults and limitations as a sign of weakness, that asking for help is what ‘losers’ do. It couldn’t be further from the truth.
It’s hard, admitting to yourself and to others the things you can and cannot do; acknowledging the fact that there are things you need help with. That sometimes, your abilities fall short on delivering the needed results. But that’s not a cause for shame.
People are not meant to be alone. We are built imperfect for the purpose of filling in the gaps on another person’s world. There are things that we cannot do but at the same time there are also things that only we can do. We may fail 99% of the time but the other 1% we succeed with flying colors when no one else can.
So let yourself go. Forgive yourself for the things you can’t do, acknowledge the fact that sometimes doing it with someone is better than doing it all by yourself. And once you acknowledge this simple truth then maybe you’d be happier, satisfied and more confident about yourself.
► For those who want to join Five Minute Friday, here’s the link http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/ Enjoy! <kit>