“An alternate perspective. From the mundane to the insane…” Wonderful tagline and very catchy blog title, kudos to Ken Marteney of Potentially Disruptive for the fine words written on his blog.
First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who’s followed my blog, been kind enough to like my posts and leave comments. It still amazes me to know that people enjoy the things I write and the support gives me the inspiration to write more so thank you very much. And second, a big thank you to Ken Marteney for his nomination for the Liebster Award. This is making me blush, seriously, and I am very pleased and honored to be nominated. So again thank you Ken, I really appreciate it. (Hahaha this felt like an acceptance speech!)
Now down to business…
…here are the Liebster Rules
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Whew! This will be a long post so here it goes…
…some facts about me
- I’m a girl, although I often wish otherwise
- In reference to statement #1, I am not gay, I just like guy stuff! I do, however, have full and utter respect for gay people
- I love reading, sometimes I feel obsessed with it
- I enjoy writing, it calms me and I often need a lot of calming down
- Taking photographs, for me, is seeing the same thing over and over on different angles. There is always something new and different, a detail you might have missed the first and second time you’ve looked that warrants a third or a fourth glance
- I am AFRAID TERRIFIED of cats
- I have a very long name
- I have tons of nicknames, in reference to #8, but most people call me ‘tin’, ‘ice’ or ‘kit’
- I used to play point guard
- I prefer blue jerseys to red and black to white
- I get very nervous around strangers
Questions from Ken of Potentially Disruptive and my answers…
Tell me in three words what you would say if you could whisper to a billion people and they were actively listening?
- Is this real?
If you were in command of a billion people and they had to follow your orders, what would be the first order you gave them?
What is your favorite dish to cook? If you don’t cook, what’s your favorite dish a friend makes for you?
- Pinangat, it’s a Filipino dish and I like it spicy, very spicy. I don’t know how to cook it but my mom’s colleague used to serve it at her diner just the way I like it.
What’s the recipe? I’m gonna try it.
- Don’t know if it will turn out the same but here’s a link.
What is your favorite all time song?
- Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls
What would you be if you could be anything that you wanted to be?
- A full pledged pirate with a fast ship, scurvy crew, wicked sword fighting skills and of course a penchant for nasty language minus the bird or monkey, eye patch and huge bounty for my head.
In three words describe what writing/blogging means to you?
- Escape. Dreams. Therapy.
If you could do a road trip anywhere in the world what vehicle would you drive?
- I’d love to do it on a custom built Harley.
Who is humanities ultimate hero?
- Can’t tell, heroes are bred and born every day. I’d say Confucius or Homer but that’d be too obvious won’t it? Batman would do too.
Tell me a mystery from your family history.
- I am a child of my father’s mistress adopted by my mother so my father won’t leave her. Just kidding. My family is pretty ordinary, we live ordinary lives and have ordinary problems. I think a mystery will likely send us into ruins and I’m thankful we have none.
Write me a Haiku. Just kidding. No seriously. Write me one. Just kidding.
He asked for a verse,
Thought about it for a time
And came up with none
*I did try*
What is your one favorite word? Not concept. Word. Mine is Cucamonga. Doesn’t it feel like it gets all the cobwebs out of your mouth?
- Yes, Cucamonga is quite a mouthful. Mine would be ‘shit’ or ‘fuck’. Don’t get me wrong I don’t swear often but when I get tongue tied or at a loss for words those two words pretty much cover what I meant to say or explain some things I can’t.
The Bloggers I’ve Nominated for the Liebster Award
And here are my questions…
- If you have a time machine, would you go back or forward in time?
- What would you do if you could be invisible for a day?
- What title would you give your life story?
- What is the first image that comes into mind when you hear the word ‘run’?
- If the world was black and white and you can splash it with one other color, what color would you choose?
- In your view, which is more important to see or to feel something?
- What do you wish for, at this very moment? Don’t think just write the first thing you thought of.
- In your opinion which came first the chicken or the egg? Please defend your answer.
- Do you believe in second chances?
- Do you think every story deserves a happy ending?
- Will you please tell me your real name? Mine is Kristine April, very pleased to meet you. You can call me Kit (“,)
Again many thanks to Ken of Potentially Disruptive for the nomination. Be sure to check him out and all the bloggers I’ve nominated for the Liebster Award. Have a great weekend. Cheers!